Friday, November 30, 2018
Ireland West Airport Launch of New Visitor Discovery Centre November 30th 2018
The official launch of the new Visitor Discovery Centre took place on 30th November 2018. The Visitor Discovery Centre project is a collaborative initiative involving seven local authorities. Funding of €400,000 was provided for the project through the REDZ 2016 scheme, along with part funding from each of the local authorities and the airport itself. The new Centre will be a central resource for information on attractions, activities, events and visitor experiences from across the region.
Key features of the new Visitor Discovery Centre include:
• Showcasing the experiential brands of the seven local authorities of ‘Ireland West’; Donegal, Galway City, Galway County, Leitrim, Mayo, Roscommon, and Sligo.
• Display of local crafts, local food tastings and provide dedicated space for live local musical performances throughout the year
• Provide for 'Face to Face' personalised and comprehensive information and advice to overseas visitors as they arrive into the airport while inspiring visitors to see and do more
• A central location at the airport for all region wide marketing and promotional brochures
• A new 20 foot video wall featuring stunning video footage promoting the counties within the region.
The project team included Cox Power Architects, PF Costello Quantity Surveyors, MBS Mechanical Electrical Consultants with Kenaidan Contractors Ltd as main Contractor.